SNU stands for Self-Negotiated Unit. The unit “encourages you to critique key aspects of the creation and perception of sound in relation to moving images, and aims to provide you with hands-on conceptual and technical skills relevant to the creation of original audio-visual work.” The unit is worth 30 credits towards my Masters degree.
We will develop and submit a critical evaluation that contextualises our current work and its potential outcomes. This will be supported by a body of practical work and related research files which demonstrates both the research and development of ideas along with the finished outcomes.
- Week 1 (29/09/16): Unit Briefing and Manifesto Pop-up Display
- Week 2 (06/10/16): Developing a Research Question
- Week 3 (13/10/16): Practice Based Approaches
- Week 4 (20/10/16): Practice as Research
- Week 5 (27/10/16): Research into Practice
- Week 6 (03/11/16): Introducing the Research Report
- Week 7 (10/11/16): Independent Study – Collaborative Practice
- Week 8 (17/11/16): Writing the Research Report
- Week 9 (24/11/16): Collaborative Practice Pop-up Review
- Week 10 (01/12/16): Peer Based Work Review
- Week 12 (15/12/16): Deadline for Work Submission
A copy of my Research Report, titled The Golden Age of Gear: Documentary Filmmaking and New Technologies can be downloaded here.
My body of work for assessment is also online here.